Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/05 09:35:10 UTC

How are we releasing our specs?

IIUC our spec jars are now built by maven 2.

Are they getting put into any m1 repo we might be using to build from?
Are they under org.apache.geronimo.specs as groupId rather than
geronimo-spec?

Who is managing releasing the 1.0 versions?  Do we have to do anything
special?  Do we want to release them now or at least build 1.0 versions
to test against, maybe putting them on a private repo somewhere?

thanks
david jencks

Re: How are we releasing our specs?

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
David Jencks wrote, On 12/5/2005 12:35 AM:

> IIUC our spec jars are now built by maven 2.
>
> Are they getting put into any m1 repo we might be using to build from?

Nope.  I'll try to get this set up.

> Are they under org.apache.geronimo.specs as groupId rather than
> geronimo-spec?

Yes, org.apache.geronimo.specs.

> Who is managing releasing the 1.0 versions?  Do we have to do anything
> special?  Do we want to release them now or at least build 1.0
> versions to test against, maybe putting them on a private repo somewhere?

I think that they should have their own version number since they will
not change too much.  I think that we should jump ahead of the geronimo
(trunk) release and release 1.0 of the specs right away.

Regards,
Alan

Re: How are we releasing our specs?

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
I think this is an important question, but I don't have any answers.
I'd be in favor of releasing the specs now, since I think they've been
tested about as thoroughly as we are likely to be able to.

Aaron