Posted to user@usergrid.apache.org by Morescratch <mo...@live.com> on 2018/08/16 03:34:42 UTC

Installation Woes

Hi all,

I have to admit that I have had no luck installing Usergrid either on Centos or on AWS. I even hired and AWS expert and was unable to get it up and running using the Cloud Formation template provided. I understand that the template is a work in progress but I think some relevant steps have been left out. This isn’t a criticism, rather it’s just a heads up that if adoption is the goal then some work is required to update the documentation. I would be happy to do that of course but as it stands I am far from being an authority on the set up. My company is also keen on contributing back to the project since we relied heavily on Apigee for some of our backend services and we are planning on migrating them to our own Usergrid cluster on Amazon.

Has anyone in the community successfully installed Usergrid on AWS? I would very much like to get some pointers. Likewise, I have tried 6 times to install it on Centos using the instructions provided and I can’t get it to work. I think it may be related to Tomcat but I am not sure. In any case, that was only for testing. I really need a cluster on AWS.

Cheers