Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/14 00:06:57 UTC

InputSuggests

Hi Sean, Matt,

after looking at both our components again I need to say that there is
merit to have both of them in tomahawk. We just used to different
approaches like that in your case, an actual dropdown is showing which
might be wanted by many users - on the other hand, with your backend
model ajax integration won't be that easy.

I am not sure how we would want to merge these components... are you
sure they ought to be merged together?

It's basically just as you Sean said about the calendar once - more
than one implementation might be appropriate for different uses....

regards,

Martin

Re: InputSuggests

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Sean Schofield wrote:
> Martin,
>
> You might be right.  Unfortunately due to our release today and the
> other MyFaces business I haven't had a chance to look at the ajax
> version.  What you are saying about the potential difficulties in
> merging sounds reasonable.
>
> IMO there is no hurry on either component (as you said earlier) so we
> can work this out in a few weeks or so.  I'm anxious to see what you,
> Werner and Thomas came up with.

I did not do anything on the sandbox autocomplete, Martin basically took
some ideas from me (like using the proto lib) and did his own version,
which is way better...

Credit where credit is due...

Werner

Re: InputSuggests

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

You might be right.  Unfortunately due to our release today and the
other MyFaces business I haven't had a chance to look at the ajax
version.  What you are saying about the potential difficulties in
merging sounds reasonable.

IMO there is no hurry on either component (as you said earlier) so we
can work this out in a few weeks or so.  I'm anxious to see what you,
Werner and Thomas came up with.

sean