Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Daily, Jeff A" <je...@pnl.gov> on 2006/04/20 23:39:30 UTC

Multiple class not found errors using 2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT plugin

All I wanted to do was get a binary installation setup but using a
portal name of my choosing, not the default localhost:8080/jetspeed.
Something like localhost:8080/dsview.

Now, I'm not interested in building from source since I don't want to
manipulate jetspeed code.  I'm aware that you can use maven goals that
simply just build from the source.  In fact, I've tried this, and I get
all the way to viewing a bunch of exceptions when trying to view the
portal.  Most of the errors I see in the logs make no sense to me.

So I felt the maven plugin was a good way to go.  I've tried 2.0-dev and
2.1-dev and 2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT.  The most recent one I tried was the
SNAPSHOT one.  I got the furthest with this one.  I get to the part
where I just have to start tomcat and let the magic happen.  At first I
was getting a bean  initialization error with the bean "JetspeedDS",
which I realized was because the tomcat/shared/libs directory did not
contain the hsql driver.  Fixed that.

Now the error I'm getting is

Error registering bean with name 'fileServerValve" defined in
ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/assembly/pipelines.xml]: Bean class
[org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.FileServerValve] not found;

So this is a class not found exception.  I must be missing a jar file
somewhere, right?  Or is my classpath wrong?  I figured I was missing a
jar in tomcat's shared/lib directory.

I just want to be able to do what I mentioned in the first line of this
email.  I apologize for the frustrated/sarcastic tone.  You would
understand if you've been working on this same thing for 3 weeks at
20/hours a week and your boss is breathing down your throat with nothing
to show for it.

Any advice/solutions welcome.  I was able to get the out-of-the-box
installer version to work, but I need this customization as mentioned
earlier.  Thanks.

Jeff