Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by 周湘伦 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/07 07:56:05 UTC

Does the dimension table exist in memory all the time?

I have some questions about dimension table:
1.I know that when you send a query request to kylin, kylin loads the
dimension table into memory.But i want to know when the query is finished,
will this dimension table be freed from memory?
2.If the dimension tables is not been freed from memory,when there is
another query,will the same dimension table be loaded into memory again?
3.If those dimensions which in dimension table was normal dimensions(not
derived dimension),will the dimension table be loaded into memory?

Re: Does the dimension table exist in memory all the time?

Posted by 周湘伦 <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answer. I have some question:
1."The dimensions are kept in memory to fill up the result set." Does this
mean that the dimensions which built in cube in memory,not all dimensions
in memory?
2.So when you send a query request to kylin,if the dimension required for
this query is in memory,kylin will not load the dimension table into memory?

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.