Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Christian Bjørnbak <bj...@iuas.dk> on 2001/03/07 09:57:26 UTC

Validation of existing DOM.

Hi

Is it possible to validate a existing DOM with DTD or XML Schema.

In a web project I'm working on we using DOM in request/response manner
between the presentation and the business logic layers, creating a request
from a template construction and inserting condicional data into the request
DOM.

Then we need to validate this DOM before sending the request, but the only
we have found to do this is by serialize the DOM and the reparse it...

Is there a alternate (less costly) way?? The serializing and parsing is very
costly in a web enviroment. We find the serializing alone requires 1/3
second on our PIII Xeon 800 MHz with 1 GB RAM...

/Christian Bjørnbak