Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2010/03/14 21:57:21 UTC

Using repository.apache.org for our releases

Hi

Many Apache projects has moved to using the Nexus installation
(http://repository.apache.org) for their releases. Also, the Apache
parent POM now uses this as the default location for releases:
view-source:http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/7/apache-7.pom

I would like us to start using it as well, mostly due to the very
nice, automated, staging support for releases. That is, the release is
done just like normal with mvn release:* and when deploying, it will
put the release in a special staging repository. We would then use
this when voting for release. After a successful vote, you just push a
button in Nexus, and the release goes into the release repository.
Also, Nexus does a few additional verifications (like for PGP signing)
that would be good to have.

Doing the switch requires a vote, but let's start discussions first
and see what people thinks.

/niklas

Re: Using repository.apache.org for our releases

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/14/10 9:57 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Many Apache projects has moved to using the Nexus installation
> (http://repository.apache.org) for their releases. Also, the Apache
> parent POM now uses this as the default location for releases:
> view-source:http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/7/apache-7.pom
>
> I would like us to start using it as well, mostly due to the very
> nice, automated, staging support for releases. That is, the release is
> done just like normal with mvn release:* and when deploying, it will
> put the release in a special staging repository. We would then use
> this when voting for release. After a successful vote, you just push a
> button in Nexus, and the release goes into the release repository.
> Also, Nexus does a few additional verifications (like for PGP signing)
> that would be good to have.
>
> Doing the switch requires a vote, but let's start discussions first
> and see what people thinks.

We are just in the process to move to Nexus too at Directory. I think
it's a great improvement over what we have right now.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com