Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve G <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2001/11/06 19:28:05 UTC

limiting access to web pages

I have a website where the users have to login at the index.html page using
their username/password. Once logged in, the html/servlet page appears with
the address in the url window.  My problem is that if the user were to go to
the index.html page and enter the name of the secured page, they can access
it.

So is there some parameters in the web.xml file I need to setup so that the
secure page can only be accessed through login?

Thanks in advance for the help, Steve