Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by thiru chengodu <th...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/29 10:15:32 UTC

Problem with WindowsXP

                           I cant run my Apache Tomcat5.5.7.1 in
WindowsXP.   I'm receiving an error message* "Windows could'nt run Apache
tomcat server in your local machine" * while try to START my tomcat5.X web
server in WIndowsXP..... Please help me to recover this error. Why it
happens? How to run my server?

--
thiruchengodu
Bangalore

Re: Problem with WindowsXP

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
thiru chengodu wrote:
>                           I cant run my Apache Tomcat5.5.7.1 in
There is no such Tomcat version. You should be using the latest stable
release, 5.5.20

> WindowsXP.   I'm receiving an error message* "Windows could'nt run Apache
> tomcat server in your local machine" * while try to START my tomcat5.X web
> server in WIndowsXP..... Please help me to recover this error. Why it
> happens? How to run my server?

With the information you have provided, all anyone can do is
speculate. I suspect, although you do not state, that you used the
Windows installer. This *only* installs Tomcat as a Windows service.
To debug this further, I suggest you:
- download the .zip install
- install it (just unzip it)
- start Tomcat from the command line
- investigate any errors you see in the console or in the logs

Mark