Posted to dev@datafu.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2014/07/04 06:51:03 UTC

Apache Release?

Hi,

Just a question/clarification.

On the front page of your incubating site [1] your say you have a release for DataFu Pig "having reached 1.0 in September, 2013." I assume this refers to a release before the code has donated to Apache/prior to incubation? After 6 months in incubation what's stoping you from making an Apache release?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://datafu.incubator.apache.org

Re: Apache Release?

Posted by Matthew Hayes <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

Correct, the 1.0 release predates the code being donated to Apache.  One of
the items to resolve before doing a release was establishing whether DataFu
was a suitable name.  This has been resolved as of June 3rd (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-48).  I've just
filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DATAFU-53 to track the
remaining issues that we need to resolve before doing an initial release.
 The only issues I'm aware of at the moment are some jars that are checked
into the repo.

-Matt