Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2019/08/26 05:16:52 UTC

[HEADS UP] Short term roadmap

Hi guys,

as I'm now back from "vacation", I would like to update about Karaf
activity:

1. ApacheCon NA
As you probably already know, we have a track dedicated to Apache Karaf
on September 12th afternoon. We will have 3 talks and a discussion panel
about Karaf. It's a great occasion to meet and discuss, so, if you are
around, don't hesitate to ping !

2. Apache Karaf Vineyard donation
After several months, Karaf Vineyard will be proposed as new Karaf
subproject. Vineyard is a complete API management (registry and gateway)
powered by Karaf and Camel. I'm polishing the repo (on my github) before
starting the donation vote.

3. Karaf 4.3.0 preparation with OSGi R7 support
Already started in July, I'm resuming Karaf 4.3.0 preparation with OSGi
R7 update (and related like Pax Web, Pax Logging, etc).

4. Kloud initiative
As part of the kloud initiative (karaf for the cloud), I'm updating the
documentation using the blog posts I did.
I'm also working on the Docker official images as part of the build process.
Finally, related to the blog post about Kubernetes, I'm adding new
features in Karaf and Cellar.

5. New releases
Today, I'm working on Jira triage and preparation of new releases: Karaf
4.2.7, Cave 4.3.0, Decanter 2.3.0.

So, you can see that the coming weeks will be busy about Karaf ;) If you
want to help, please ping me !

Thanks !
Regards
JB