Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Malin Ljungh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/29 11:14:42 UTC

Tomcat Eclipse plugin and stand-alone Tomcat - html files

This is mainly about Tomcat but also about Tapestry handling of html files.

I'm using Eclipse and Tomcat for development - works fine!
Particularly, if I change an html file, the change will appear immediately
without reload of context.

But -  if I have standalone Tomcat server, and change the contents of an
html file under the deployment directory,
I need to do a reload of context for changes to appear.

Does anyone know why this is so?
How can I make the changes appear immedeately in the standalone server as
well?

Please help :-)
Malin

Re: Tomcat Eclipse plugin and stand-alone Tomcat - html files

Posted by Eckenfellner Klaus <ec...@gmail.com>.
for the reason that you have made some logging to application-servlet
... we know, that property is set right ... this is very good, because i
know that running tomcat as service under windows can be a little bit
tricky (especially applying new configurations or using custom
system-properties).

i can't image that different user can make a different. i am no tomcat
profi, but maybe there is some caching enabled on the tomcat-side?!?!

Posted by Malin Ljungh <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Malin Ljungh <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Malin Ljungh <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eckenfellner Klaus <ec...@gmail.com>.