Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Franck Mangin <FM...@facetime.com> on 2001/04/22 03:06:07 UTC

MS Soap SDK compatibility pb

  Hi, I am trying to access an Apache SOAP service from a VB client
using the MS Soap 2.0 SDK. The RPC call fails because the MS controls
doesn't include the type of parameters in the request. I saw a fix
posted here for the same problem when MS Soap is on the server side, is
there any workaround in this direction?
  Are both syntaxes correct? If yes, any plans to add support for this
syntax in an upcoming version of the Apache toolkit?

  The messages are included below -  Thanks for your help!

MS style - fails with "don't know how to deserialize a 't'":
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<m:getMonitorKeys xmlns:m="urn:MyService">
<t>Agent</t>
</m:getMonitorKeys>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

Apache style - succeeds:
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:getMonitorKeys xmlns:ns1="urn:MyService" SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<type xsi:type="xsd:string">Agent</type>
</ns1:getMonitorKeys>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>