Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/13 22:24:30 UTC

Dubious Help string

I'm translating the Help files and ran into this string
(helpcontent2\source\text\shared.po:
main0227.xhp#par_id3149441.38.help.text):

<ahelp hid=".uno:BezierEliminatePoints">Marks the current point or the
selected points for deletion.</ahelp> This happens in the event that the
point is located on a straight line. If you convert a curve or a polygon
with the <emph>Convert to Curve </emph>icon into a straight line or you
change a curve with the mouse so that a point lies on the straight line,
it is removed. The angle from which the point reduction is to take place
<switchinline select="appl"><caseinline select="DRAW">can be set by
choosing <link href="text/shared/optionen/01070300.xhp" name="Drawing -
box</caseinline><caseinline select="IMPRESS">can be set by choosing
<link href="text/shared/optionen/01070300.xhp" name="Presentation -
dialog box</caseinline><defaultinline>is 15° by
default.</defaultinline></switchinline>

To my untrained eyes it looks messy. Is it fine? If it's not I'll report
it in Bugzilla.

Regards,

Aivaras

Re: Dubious Help string

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the explanation and break-up of the text. It is my lack of
knowledge and of ability to read the mark-up that triggered doubts in my
mind.

The link is very helpful, too. Danke sehr!

Regards,
Aivaras

Re: Dubious Help string

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Aivaras,

the help text is OK. Without the tags it reads

Marks the current point or the selected points for deletion. This
happens in the event that the point is located on a straight line. If
you convert a curve or a polygon with the Convert to Curve icon into a
straight line or you change a curve with the mouse so that a point lies
on the straight line, it is removed. The angle from which the point
reduction is to take place
     can be set by choosing %PRODUCTNAME Draw - Grid in the Options
dialog box
     can be set by choosing %PRODUCTNAME Impress - Grid in the Options
dialog box
     is 15° by default.

 From the last three lines only one is shown to the user, depending on