Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by H....@MI.unimaas.nl on 2004/05/07 11:04:02 UTC

HELP! using authentication from session context!

Hi,

could someone please help? I built the authentication along the lines of the
various examples, but using flow scripts instead of actions. All this works
well and a <authentication> section is added to the session context. I
retrieve this with <session:getxml context="authentication" path="/"/> and a
session transformer.

All this works well... until I suddenly get to a different page and an error
comes along stating that the "authentication" context is no longer
available! I cannot figure out what happens. It does happen with the same
pages everytime, but some of them follow the same pattern as others that
don't have this problem.

More specific:
I log in, I get a page to search for a person, login info is displayed
(correct), I select several other pages in the menu list and they are also
correctly displayed.

I log in, I get a page to search for a person, login info is displayed
(correct), I select "about" or "news" and I get the above error. If I press
"back" and select one of the above pages, they are displayed correctly.

I log in, I get a page to search for a person, login info is displayed
(correct), I enter info and press submit, I get the above error.

Bye,

Helma van der Linden
Medical Informatics
University Maastricht