Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/07/18 18:23:23 UTC

Re: mod_webapp

[ Dropping tomcat-dev and adding dev@apr ]

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 05:10:43PM +0100, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
> Justin Erenkrantz at jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 04:43:57PM +0100, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
> >> I have an old pre-sms version of APR I'm using, and it seems it's working on
> >> most platforms "as-is"... I might ask the APR guys to tag it with
> >> "MOD_WEBAPP_1_0", or redistribute it in a nice tarball...
> >
> > Ha!  -- justin
>
> What's funny?

I don't think APR has been tagged since last year (outside of httpd-2.0
tags).

I'd say to pick a daily CVS tarball and make mod_webapp depend on that
(if you don't want to have them use CVS), but that looks broken since
the switchover.  I'll try and look at it later.  But, rbb may be able
to fix it sooner.

And, hopefully, rbb and wrowe will back out their inherit changes soon
(i.e. make it not required to pass in to the apr_socket_create et al
functions, but require it to be explicitly called.)  This should let
mod_webapp build again.  -- justin

Re: mod_webapp

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. at wrowe@rowe-clan.net wrote:

> [...]

I'm going to redistribute the sources of APR with the source release of
mod_webapp, it's not a big deal (I can actually update with a specific date,
instead of using a tag! :)

>> I'd say to pick a daily CVS tarball and make mod_webapp depend on that
>> (if you don't want to have them use CVS), but that looks broken since
>> the switchover.  I'll try and look at it later.  But, rbb may be able
>> to fix it sooner.
>>
>> And, hopefully, rbb and wrowe will back out their inherit changes soon
>> (i.e. make it not required to pass in to the apr_socket_create et al
>> functions, but require it to be explicitly called.)  This should let
>> mod_webapp build again.  -- justin
>
> Fixed, sorry to have broken you Pier.

Don't worry, as I said on the tomcat-dev mailing list, choosing APR was
something planned. I don't care if you break my builds, the tradeoff of
using your code is just awesome.

I plan to keep our CVS sources as "unstable", and tag specific releases of
mod_webapp, tarball them, and distribute them with an APR tarball.

So, guys, just keep up the excellent work, and if something breaks in my
builds, I'll just fix my code. APR is the way to go :)

    Pier