Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Kiran Kumar <mk...@idrbt.ac.in> on 2020/09/24 06:50:30 UTC

Information about the video stream analysis in Apache UIMA

Dear Apache Team,
                                   I am M Kiran Kumar from India, working as a researcher in an organization and my area of research is video analysis as part of my journey I have found that UIMA which is basically used for the analysis of unstructured data, to get an insight of meaningful information out of it.

Now my question is, can it only give the insight information out of textual data or it will extract any unstructured data like video stream and gives out information about the features and objects out of it. If so please do share your valuable information on how to achieve that using UIMA. Your response is more valuable and any help regarding this be appreciated.

Regards/-
M Kiran Kumar
Research Associate
IDRBT, India.

Re: Information about the video stream analysis in Apache UIMA

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The UIMA framework is intended to support this kind of analysis.

The Apache UIMA project doesn't have any video analytics, itself, but you may
find some by googling uima and video analysis.

One such reference I found was this:
https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.1050.6555&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Cheers. -Marshall