Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Materna, Wolf-Dietrich (empolis B)" <Wo...@empolis.com> on 2003/02/03 12:20:23 UTC

AW: Search Capabiliies

Hello,
[Brian Deffenbaugh wrote:]
> Am I able to use Lucene to search Lotus Notes databases?  How
> about Verity Indexes?
AFAIK, nobody tried this yet. If you are familar with Lotus Notes
it should be esay to create your own indexer for Lucene and export
all required data from Lotus. Check out the sample code and documentation
how to write an indexer.
Using Verity Indexes causes to much work. I think it makes no sense, because
the index formats are different. So you have to write some kind of
converter.
It is much easier to create a new Lucene index using the original documents.
Regards,
	Wolf-Dietrich Materna
--
Wolf-Dietrich Materna
Development

empolis GmbH -  arvato knowledge management
Kekuléstr. 7
12489 Berlin, Germany

phone :  +49-30-6780-6510
fax :    +49-30-6780-6549