Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/03 11:16:54 UTC

Re: spring-ws timeout question

Hi

Did you find a solution to this?

I would take a look at the spring ws documentation to find details
about timeout support.
Then its often a matter of having the camel-spring-ws component
configure that timeout option.

And if something is missing in camel-spring-ws, we can add that to the
component.

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to create a camel route with which it is possible to invoke various
> SOAP-WebServices.
> I ended up with following:
>
> from("direct:Invoke").recipientList(this.header("WSAddress"));
>
> and
>
> Document response = template.requestBodyAndHeader("direct:Invoke", request,
> "WSAddress", "spring-ws:" + address.toString(), Document.class);
>
> For testing purpose I created a WS that needs about 5 minutes to response.
> Calling it directly with SoapUI I'm getting of course a
> /ERROR:java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out/.
> But with posted camel route there isn't a timeout.
>
> Now my question is how spring-ws component handles long running Web Services
> concerning timeouts for example? What's the mechanism? Async or sync?
> Callback? Or has spring-ws just a higher default timeout?
> It would be nice if someone could explain it to me.
>
> With kind regards.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: spring-ws timeout question

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
You can access the underlying connection with

TransportContext transportContext =
TransportContextHolder.getTransportContext();
HttpComponentsConnection connection = (HttpComponentsConnection)
transportContext.getConnection();

but there is no way to access the used
org.springframework.ws.transport.http.HttpClient which is using
org.apache.http.client.HttpClient.

I'm afraid there is no way to configure the timeout (unless using
reflection stuff...).
You should first talk to the Spring guys how you should do this and request
a fix for it.

Best,
Christian

Posted by Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Smith-John <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

unfortunately I didn't find a answer to my question.
In the spring ws documentation I read something about timeout settings and
callbacks.
But the question is: how does camel use/apply this things exactly.
Does camel maybe just set the timeout to infinite or does camel use callback
possibilities?