Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jagaran das <ja...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/08/23 23:19:26 UTC

Python map reduce problem

Hi,

I am newbie in Python
I was looking in to the Python example of running map reduce job of Michael Noll's article.

I was trying to run this example in CDH3.
Map tasks is running in a loop and the reducer is not running.It is showing  Map 50%
     Map 100%
     Map 50%
    Map 100%Map tasks is running in a loop and the reducer is not running.
I am using the following command to run the job
bin/hadoop jar contrib/streaming/hadoop-streaming-0.20.2-cdh3u0.jar -file /Users/jagarandas/Work-Assignment/test/mapper.py -mapper mapper.py -file /Users/jagarandas/Work-Assignment/test/reducer.py -reducer reducer.py -input /home/hadoop/input/* -output /home/hadoop/gutenberg-output/
Please let me know what is the problem?
Regards,
Jagaran