Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/29 19:34:40 UTC

[Vote] [Results] Release 1.0.4

Hi folks,

here the results:

+1 votes from:

Jakob Braeuchi
Andrew Clute
Thomas Dudziak
Thomas Fischer
Vadim Gritsenko
Martin Kalén
Brian McCallister
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
Armin Waibel

no +/- 0 or -1 vote

Thus, I'll cut the release in the next two days (this year :-) ).
Please be so kind and do not check in into the branch in the next
days.

regards,
Tom

Re: [Vote] [Results] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 12/29/05, Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> wrote:

> ok, I will update docs today.
> Is it ok to update performance-test classes (in src/test dir)?

Yup, should be fine.

> Do you know when the move to SVN starts? Need to check in my sources
> before the move starts.

Henri would like to do that on Sunday or Monday, so there should be at
least one day left to check in stuff after the release is out (the tag
is in CVS).

> > I'll use 1.0.4, and once the release is out, I'll update to 1.0.5 (no rc :-) )
>
> ok! Who needs RC's? ;-)

Exactly !

Tom

Re: [Vote] [Results] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 12/29/05, Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>I did some code cleanup, performance optimization and minor doc changes,
>>can I check in this stuff today or will this compromise your release build?
>

> Doc fixes are IMO ok, but with code changes it might be better to
> check them in after 1.0.4 was released ?

ok, I will update docs today.
Is it ok to update performance-test classes (in src/test dir)?

Do you know when the move to SVN starts? Need to check in my sources
before the move starts.

>>Another question: What's the version number of this release '1.0.4' or
>>'1.0.4rc1'?
>

> I'll use 1.0.4, and once the release is out, I'll update to 1.0.5 (no rc :-) )

ok! Who needs RC's? ;-)

Armin

Re: [Vote] [Results] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 12/30/05, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hmm, we should really make a tag for the vote so we know exactly what
> we are voting on. just call the voted on tag somehting like (now that
> we are moving to svn)
>
> tags/1.0.4_rc1
>
> if the vote passes, copy the tag to 1.0.4 -- we vote on RC's, which
> may well be released as RC's if we think it needs more user testing.

Well, hmm, I think the idea is good but I'd rather start with this for
the 1.0.5/Head ?

Tom

Re: [Vote] [Results] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
Hmm, we should really make a tag for the vote so we know exactly what
we are voting on. just call the voted on tag somehting like (now that
we are moving to svn)

tags/1.0.4_rc1

if the vote passes, copy the tag to 1.0.4 -- we vote on RC's, which
may well be released as RC's if we think it needs more user testing.

=)

Re: [Vote] [Results] Release 1.0.4

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] [Results] Release 1.0.4