Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Matthew Geis <ma...@instill.com> on 2000/11/09 19:25:13 UTC

com client question

Has anyone had luck connecting a COM client to an Apache SOAP server?  We're
trying, and we've encountered a number of problems in both the MS sdk and
the Lucan sdk.  I found a web page detailing how to go Apache client->COM
service->Apache client, but not COM->Apache->COM.  This seems pretty
annoying, particularly considering that I was able to get interoperability
between Perl and Apache, and I hadn't even programmed Perl in years!

I would really appreciate it if anyone out there who's given this a try
could post tips to success, or reasons they were able to identify that
caused it to *not* work.  If I can't deliver this project, at the very least
I'd like to be able to document the hurdles and issues.

Thanks,
Matt