Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Michael Segel <ms...@hotmail.com> on 2016/05/17 19:48:10 UTC

Indexing of RDDs and DF in 2.0?

Hi,

I saw a replay of a talk about what’s coming in Spark 2.0 and the speed performances…

I am curious about indexing of data sets.
In HBase/MapRDB you can create ordered sets of indexes through an inverted table.
Here, you can take the intersection of the indexes to find the result set of rows.
(Or intersect/null if you have left outer joins…)

AFAIK, there was a project on an indexedRDD, but not sure how far that had gone?

I realize that some of the improvements are based on using hashed joins, which would make indexing a bit harder… or am I missing something?

Thx