Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike Dewhirst <De...@UCLES.org.uk> on 2002/03/05 18:01:14 UTC

mod SSI

I am trying to get SSI working on my apache 1.3.22.

I have added Options +Includes to the default dir config in httpd.conf, as
per below:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    Options +Includes
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

I have also added the "XBitHack on" line to httpd.conf (does this need to be
in a specific place?).

I then changed my index.html to be executable ("chmod +x"), added a line
that says "<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->" ot it and restarted apache.

The date directive is not processed, the comment comes out unaffected in the
html source.

Any suggestions what I might have done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

This message was written in plain text mode.
Everything below the dotted line was not
written by the author of this email.
----------------------

=**********************************************************

If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication and its attachments in error, please return the original message and attachments to the sender using the reply facility on e-mail.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the UCLES Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the UCLES Group unless otherwise specifically stated.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses although this does not guarantee that this email is virus free.

**********************************************************=

Re: mod SSI

Posted by RuneImp <ru...@imptech.net>.
You do not need XBitHack on to use SSI. That is only needed if you don't want to use the .shtml extension on files to be parsed for SSI tags. Otherwise just make sure you have

AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

Re: mod SSI

Posted by Darryl Cook <dl...@cs.appstate.edu>.

Re: mod SSI

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Mike Dewhirst wrote:

> I am trying to get SSI working on my apache 1.3.22.
>
> I have added Options +Includes to the default dir config in httpd.conf,
> as per below:
>
> <Directory />
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     Options +Includes
>     AllowOverride All
> </Directory>

This Options directive almost surely has no effect because it is overruled
by other Options directives further down the document tree.
See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#options

Joshua.