Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Kristopher Kane <kk...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/19 16:30:36 UTC

Results of 'stat' not completed

Hello,

I'm running Zookeeper 3.3.3 on CHD3u1 (RHEL 5 - JRE 1.6.0_33)  in three
ensembles for three different application sets.

One ensemble is for SolrCloud.  Watching zktop, we see it flail constantly
with unknown states of the three zookeepers.

This is similar to sending 'stat' and information apparently being cut off
upon return to the calling client.

What does it say about the health of ZK if the full response is not
returned on the request of 'stat' ?

Thanks,

-Kris Kane

Re: Results of 'stat' not completed

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
It's a known issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1197 that has no real
solution (although feel free to try one of the patches on 1197) due to
a limitation of TCP and a flawed implementation on our side.

It's being addressed here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1346

Patrick