Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Edward Rayl <er...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/01/10 22:26:20 UTC

FeedDaemon sax error

I am _brand new_ to Jetspeed and I'm trying to get it set up on a WinXP
box with TomCat 5.  I get the following error in the Daemon Admin Portlet:

feeddaemon 	Processed 	Failed 	true 	10800
org.apache.jetspeed.daemon.impl.FeedDaemon

In jetspeed.log, I see:

2004-01-10 15:52:58,609 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] ERROR SimpleTransform
- Invalid SAX Transformer:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Can not resolve namespace prefix: aocs

I'm using xalan-j_2_5_2.  Any ideas on how to fix?

Ed

Re: FeedDaemon sax error

Posted by Edward Rayl <er...@bellsouth.net>.
Edward Rayl wrote:

>>> I'm trying to get it set up on a WinXP box with TomCat 5.  I get the
>>> following error in the Daemon Admin Portlet:
>>>
>>> feeddaemon     Processed     Failed     true     10800
>>> org.apache.jetspeed.daemon.impl.FeedDaemon
>>>

>>> In jetspeed.log, I see:
>>>
>>> 2004-01-10 15:52:58,609 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] ERROR
>>> SimpleTransform - Invalid SAX Transformer:
>>> org.xml.sax.SAXException: Can not resolve namespace prefix: aocs
>>>
>>> I'm using xalan-j_2_5_2.  Any ideas on how to fix?

I found the problem.  Jetspeed can only work with xalan 2.3.1 in the
Tomcat 5.0/common/endorsed directory.  Any plans on updates to the xalan
and xerces dependencies?

Re: FeedDaemon sax error

Posted by Edward Rayl <er...@bellsouth.net>.
piero@cazzati.it wrote:

> Edward Rayl wrote:
>
>> I am _brand new_ to Jetspeed and I'm trying to get it set up on a
>> WinXP box with TomCat 5.  I get the following error in the Daemon
>> Admin Portlet:
>>
>> feeddaemon     Processed     Failed     true     10800
>> org.apache.jetspeed.daemon.impl.FeedDaemon
>>

>> In jetspeed.log, I see:
>>
>> 2004-01-10 15:52:58,609 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] ERROR
>> SimpleTransform - Invalid SAX Transformer:
>> org.xml.sax.SAXException: Can not resolve namespace prefix: aocs
>>
>> I'm using xalan-j_2_5_2.  Any ideas on how to fix?
>>
>> Ed
>>
> You try to make recently an update from the jetspeed cvs repo.
>
> Piero.

Actually I did NOT update from CVS.  I downloaded the release build:
jetspeed-1.4-war.zip and installed as directed on the installation
pagte.  As per the Jetspeed FAQ  (XML transformation errors for RSS
portlets under JDK 1.4**), I copied xml-apis.jar and xalan.jar to:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\common\endorsed

As a FYI, I'm running WinXP SP1a, J2SE 1.4.2_03-b02, Tomcat 5.0.16, and
xalan 2.5.2.  Any other ideas?

Ed

Re: FeedDaemon sax error

Posted by "piero@cazzati.it" <pi...@cazzati.it>.