Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/24 11:16:22 UTC

[m2] finalName not taken into account in install

Hi,

when I set <finalName/> in my pom.xml, the install plugin does not take this
name into account.

Just for testing I added <finalName>test.jar</finalName> to the pom.xml of a
custom plugin of mine. When doing 'mvn install', I get this:

[INFO] Installing
Y:\wimd_test_vob\modules\maven-plugins\maven-nmake-plugin\target\test.jar.jar
to C:\Documents and
Settings\WIMD\.m2\repository\com\barcoview\mavenplugin\maven-nmake-plugin\1.0-SNAPSHOT\maven-
nmake-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I was hoping it would install to the directory it does, but as test.jar.

regards,

Wim

Re: [m2] finalName not taken into account in install

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Yep, that's the idea. One of two things ends up occuring:

1) you have to copy it from the local repository to a staging
directory to prepare it, in which case you rename it on the way
2) you include it sourced directly from the local repo, but specify a
filename it will use in the target, where you rename it

You might also be interested in the recent enhancements to the
assembly plugin and discussions on JIRA for creating NSIS installers -
the same interface should be used for your installshield plugin I
imagine.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.