Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Vanita Washington <va...@streamsofwatermm.com> on 2013/06/01 03:47:06 UTC

Clarification of Spreadsheet Test Cases

Hi,

I am working on test cases involving the spreadsheets involving lines, drawings and pictures and need some clarification.  My question is about the OpenOffice Spreadsheet select function. When selecting two or more objects, I am finding that the each objects is not selected separately. Rather a grid is created from the cell positions of the objects.  Is this the way the spreadsheet is designed to function?  Changing the horizontal and vertical position does change the position of the cell grid but does not align the objects.  Is this the expected behavior?

Once this is clarified, I will be able to proceed with testing at a faster pace.

Thanks,

Vanita

Re: Clarification of Spreadsheet Test Cases

Posted by "Vanita C. Washington" <va...@streamsofwatermm.com>.
Hi,

I think that I figured it out.  MS Excel works the same way concerning the
select.  I will perform the test with me having one object highlighted and
then select.  I will work on this on 6/02.

Thanks,

Vanita