Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ahammad <ah...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/19 22:02:50 UTC

Searching on a specific index field

I have an index which contains fields that are extracted from meta tags. I
used a plugin that someone on this mailing list wrote years ago. Basically
the plugin allows the extraction and indexing of html meta tags. I verified
that the html meta tags were indexed using Luke.

>From reading the mailing list, I know that there needs to be a query plugin
for the indexer (usually based off query-site). However, the writing plugins
example on the Wiki doesn't mention that you need a separate plugin for
querying. Also, the plugin code that I received had all the source files
(including the query filter) packaged under one plugin.

Everything was added in the build.xml file, nutch-default.xml, and
nutch-site.xml (even though the plugin worked without any modifications to
nutch-site.xml). I then ran ant to build it. The log files show that the
plugin was included in the build when I crawled.

My questions is this: is it possible to have a query filter that works on
all the tags or do I need a separate plugin for every meta tag? I have 21
meta tags so that wouldn't be a viable solution.

I should note that the code I got from the author worked for him, but not
for me. Could it be that I missed a configuration step that basically tells
Nutch to use the query filter?

Do I need to re deploy the war file in tomcat? When I build the source code,
a new war file is created in C:\nutch\build. Do I need to replace the war
file in C:\nutch with the one in C:\nutch\build?

Thanks. Let me know if you need any more information. I'm not sure if I was
very descriptive.

Cheers