Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Steve Schwarz <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/17 02:00:35 UTC

Read only collections?

Hi
In my data model I have a class: ReadOnlyDesigners that contains a
collection of instances of class: Designer. These map directly to database
tables of the same names. I'd like to specify that from the perspective of
the the Designers class the Designer instances are readonly. But I'd also
like to have a collection class: CRUDDesigners that contains a collection of
Designer instances that are fully modifyable. It seems from the repository
docs that read-only-ness is controlled w/in the class' field-descriptor for
the contained class. Is there anyway to specify this behavior at the
collection level?

So far all I can think of is to extend my Designer class and create a
ReadOnlyDesigner and put a second entry in the repository.xml with readonly
attributes for this class, and then make ReadOnlyDesigners contain
ReadOnlyDesigner instances.

Thanks for any ideas.
Steve