Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2004/04/02 22:23:41 UTC

RE: Figuring out why tomcat won't start

Hi,
It might be fine.  Execute "catalina.bat run" instead of "startup.bat"
to leave the DOS prompt open.  Look at the logs/catalina.out file for
errors.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: Figuring out why tomcat won't start

Posted by Duncan Krebs <du...@krebsnet.com>.
Yoav,
Thanks for the info. I was able to see the error message in the window and
figured out I had another service running on the same port tomcat was trying
to run on. - Duncan

It might be fine.  Execute "catalina.bat run" instead of "startup.bat"
to leave the DOS prompt open.  Look at the logs/catalina.out file for
errors.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

sender.  Thank you.