Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lorie Perez <lo...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/16 11:29:44 UTC

generating an svg document with the SVGTranscoder

Hi!
I would like to known if it is possible to give a SVGDocument as output to
the SVGTranscoder.
When I try this, I get a java.lang.Error : writer expected.

I have the content of an SVGDocument inside a ByteArrayInputStream, and I
would like to transcode it into a Document, so that I can use it in a
JSVGCanvas.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Lorie.

Re: generating an svg document with the SVGTranscoder

Posted by André Ávila <as...@nextech.com.br>.
Hi Lone,

You don't have to transcode it. You can obtain an SVGDocument from an InputStream by using createDocument method in SAXSVGDocumentFactory:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/javadoc/org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SAXSVGDocumentFactory.html

Hope this helps.