Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Vijith <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/10 13:14:41 UTC

Running nutch in eclipse

Hi,
I have successfully built and ran nutch in eclipse in local mode.
Is it possible to run nutch in deploy mode from eclipse.

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*

Re: Running nutch in eclipse

Posted by Vijith <vi...@gmail.com>.
Ok I got it. Its there in userlog folder in each of the slaves..

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*

Re: Running nutch in eclipse

Posted by Vijith <vi...@gmail.com>.

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*

Re: Running nutch in eclipse

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Running nutch in eclipse

Posted by Vijith <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info. I will give it a try and will let you know if its
working.

For the time being I have tried running the nutch job file in the cluster.
It ran slower than that in local mode.
As to me it looks like the job ran without any errors. I have some
questions regarding deploy mode execution...

- Is there any recommended hadoop config for running nutch, like # of
map/reduce tasks etc, so that it runs faster/efficiently
- Also i am not finding the nutch log file
- Will it in anyway affect the distributed run if we are using some
external libraries like Jena

- right now my filters are reading the ontology files and creating jena
objects every time the filters are executed
- how can i make this faster; is there any caching mechanism available

correct me if i am wrong.

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*