Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Born <jb...@gr.com> on 2002/10/17 20:16:03 UTC

i18n and images

Right now I have created an images directory and an es, ru, etc..
directories under images to house all of my i18n images.

To reference them I have placed another key in the
ApplicationResouces.properties files called countrycode

I then find the image with src=images<bean:message
key="countrycode"/>/imagename.gif

Any one else doing it this way?  Is there a better way?  I'm not that far
into the project and now is the time to change!

Thanks,

jb

Re: i18n and images

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
You could just list all of the images in the properties file - instead
of just having the country code.  If you actually put your path in
there, you could use the srcKey to specify where it is picked from and
let the property-loading mechanism take it from there.

That work?

I have no need for internationalization, so I can't speak to *the*
solution - I think what I propose is reasonable though.

--
Eddie Bush