Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Simon Aquilina <si...@hotmail.com> on 2007/09/07 15:38:00 UTC

MINA: Design Patterns

Hi,

First of all I am sorry if this is not strictly related with MINA
development. However I thought it was a good thing to ask this question to
people who I consider to be experts in the subject.

Basically I have spent this last year reading about sockets, servers,
clients, etc. This last month I came across MINA and I started study the
examples. I feel I can build simple applications now, however I am far away
from the talent I have seen here.

I was wondering if anyone here knows about any good books regarding Design
Patterns when building server / client applications that can help me develop
better MINA applications and such applications in general as well.

My concerns is when building server applications that need to handle
hundreds of clients at the same time, how to manage multiple connections
with the same clients (for example one to chat, one to talk, and for web cam
and so on), and many other problems that at the moment (due to my limited
experience) I still can not for see.

Again I am sorry if this thread may seem too much like an off-topic. However
I would be very great full for anyone with a reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Sim085