Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Venkateswaran_Muthuvelayudham <Ve...@satyam.com> on 2003/05/28 17:46:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Query on Apache

Hai Everyone,

	I am running Apache 1.3.7 web server. The problem I face is that
once in a while the number of apache daemons explode in numbers (exceeding
100 even) thus resulting in web site unavailability.

	If I take a log of number of daemons earlier to that I could only
find 15 to 20 for the entire period before that (say 1 month). but this
sudden rise comes once in a while.

	Any idea as to where the problem could be. I am not using SSL with
Apache. It's a plain thing. Your immediate help would be of great use for me
.

Thanks and Regards,
  M.Venkateswaran

is appreciated.