Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Bastiaan van Haastrecht <b....@gmail.com> on 2016/08/02 08:33:16 UTC

LDAP and MySQL, single connection

Hello again,

I'm trying to find a solution for the folowing. I have my LDAP users in the
GUAC settings portal. Currently I need to go into each user and assign an
connection to the user, this is very time consuming and not automatic if a
new user should be added to the LDAP directory.

I would like to assign an connection to all existing and all new-to-come
LDAP users. Like an auto provisioning rule based on LDAP group membership
or other paramters. Is this posible?

Kind Regards,
Bastiaan van Haastrecht

RE: LDAP and MySQL, single connection

Posted by Östh Mikael <Mi...@tillvaxtanalys.se>.
Hi

The seeAlso attribute does not seems to work. I have added an AD group to that attribute on my connection in AD. But the users belonging to that group does not get the connection when logged in to Guacamole.
Single users added to member attribute works, but not groups added to seeAlso.
I have updated guacd, guacamole.war and both ldap and mysql extensions to latest GIT-versions. I am using ADS edit to edit my connections attributes.

Best Regards
Mikael Osth

Posted by Bastiaan van Haastrecht <b....@gmail.com>.
I'm trying to interpret your reply in steps to configure this. If I'm
correct this requires the LDAP schema to be extended? This is what we
try to avoid in order to create an solution which requires the least
amount of adjustments to the existing infrastructure. Large company's
aren’t very fond of extending the schema.

Would this solution be possible, it doesn't require schema extension:
- A user logs in, all LDAP groups within an defined scope are scanned
to see if the user is 'member' of.
- All connections stored in MySQL are processed on (a to create
property) to see if there's a match with the 'member' value.
- When there's a match, this connection will be added to the connections list.

This would require LDAP users to be member of LDAP groups, and these
groups should be added to a new property on Connections defined in
MySQL database.

If the existing solution is without schema extension, forget my
suggestion, but can you explain it a little more in detail then?

Thanks!

Re: LDAP and MySQL, single connection

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.