Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Nikolay Borodachev <nb...@adobe.com> on 2015/04/10 01:17:45 UTC

Authentication and authorization in Mesos & Marathon UI

Hello All,

What are the best practices that people use for authentication & authorization in Mesos and Marathon Web UI and APIs?

The best I came up with so far is to put “–http-credentials <user>:<password>” in the Marathon command line and use SSL.
Mesos UI is wide open though and does not support these features.

Ideally, I’d like to place both Mesos and Marathon UIs behind a load balancer and use an external directory (LDAP or Okta) to authenticate users.
Marathon works with load balancers but Mesos does not.

Thank you
Nikolay

RE: Authentication and authorization in Mesos & Marathon UI

Posted by Nikolay Borodachev <nb...@adobe.com>.
Hi Alex,

Thank you for answering my questions. I am aware of slaves and framework authentication but that’s not what I am looking for.
Do you have any examples of setting up user authentication/authorization using existing Mesos features?
For example, how do I prevent user ‘A’ to change/remove apps created by user ‘B’?

Thank you
Nikolay

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.
Nikolay,