Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2007/03/01 21:37:38 UTC

Re: How can I reject messages with a wrong fullname.

>> > BAD Idea.
>> >
>> > I just looked at about 3 dozen pieces of e-mail. Only about 4 of them had
>> > my real name. So would you also add extra points for that?
>>
>> Personally I'd say "bad idea" rather than "BAD idea".
>>
>> I in fact have such a rule that scores at around 2 points, and only about
>> 10-15% of the time does it hit on anything other than spam, with one
>> exception: the major thing it FPs on is messages I send and automatically
>> bcc to myself.  ;-)
>>
>>         Loren

Hi,

lets say there is
- no real name at all (generated by all sorts of feedback forms)
- the name(s) you use for sending your own mail, and that people reply to
- some names you use on purpose, and you know about (you might put some distinctive
names there, to sort those bcc copies)
- random names that some spammers made up

I dont seem to have too many real correspondents that make a fun of inventing new
real names every day....

Wolfgang Hamann