Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Stoianov <ni...@yaya.com> on 2001/06/21 01:07:31 UTC

problem with virtual hosting with tomcat

Hi,
I'm using Apache 1.3.9, Tomcat 3.2 , Linux
I want to setup a virtual host (let's say vh1.test.com) so that I will be able to call servlets from http://vh1.test.com/servlets/
What should I put in httpd.conf , mod_jk and server.xml?

I will really appreciate any helpful advice on this problem. I tried different things but I can't make it work.

Nick Stoianov

Re: problem with virtual hosting with tomcat

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
What I've done is taken a copy of the mod_jk.conf-auto and extracted the
LoadModule etc (global info) from it into one file.  I include this file
(using the Include directive) in the httpd.conf.  I then insert into each
VirtualHost directive the JkMount directives.  I'm not sure if its possible
to do virtual hosts with the auto generated stuff but this works fine.  I've
put an example below.

cheers
dim

example:

---- start httpd.conf snippet ----

Include conf/mod_jk.conf-coxless

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin dim@coxless.com
    DocumentRoot /projects/coxless/live/htdocs
    ServerName coxless.com
    ServerAlias www.coxless.com
    ErrorLog logs/coxless.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/coxless.com-access_log common

    JkMount /*.jsp ajp12
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp12

</VirtualHost>

---- end httpd.conf snippet ----

---- start conf/mod_jk.conf-coxless snippet ----

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /packages/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /packages/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug

---- end conf/mod_jk.conf-coxless snippet ----

---- start server.xml snippet ----

        <Host name="coxless.com" >
                <Context path="/"
                         docBase="/projects/coxless/live/webapps/coxless"
                         crossContext="false"
                         debug="20"
                         reloadable="true" >
                </Context>