Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Judy Nash <ju...@exchange.microsoft.com> on 2015/02/10 07:02:37 UTC

New Metrics Sink class not packaged in spark-assembly jar

Hello,

Working on SPARK-5708<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-5708> - Add Slf4jSink to Spark Metrics Sink.

Wrote a new Slf4jSink class (see patch attached), but the new class is not packaged as part of spark-assembly jar.

Do I need to update build config somewhere to have this packaged?

Current packaged class:
[cid:image001.png@01D044B4.1B17A1C0]

Thought I must have missed something basic but can't figure out why.

Thanks!
Judy

RE: New Metrics Sink class not packaged in spark-assembly jar

Posted by Judy Nash <ju...@exchange.microsoft.com>.
Thanks Patrick! That was the issue.
Built the jars on windows env with mvn and forgot to run make-distributions.ps1  afterward, so was looking at old jars.

Actually, to correct myself, the assembly jar is in assembly/target/scala-2.11 (I think).

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Judy,

If you have added source files in the sink/ source folder, they should appear in the assembly jar when you build. One thing I noticed is that you are looking inside the "/dist" folder. That only gets populated if you run "make-distribution". The normal development process is just to do "mvn package" and then look at the assembly jar that is contained in core/target.

- Patrick

[cid:image001.png@01D044BC.8FE515C0]

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.