Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Leonhard Holzer <le...@hotmail.de> on 2007/07/05 17:38:33 UTC

wsdl2java mapping

Hello list,I am using an axis2 web service with complex return types. The return type of one operation is of the type xs:int nillable=true.When I run the wsdl2java tool I get an mapping to java int type which is not working well with null values. I read that basic types with nillable=true should be mapped to the wrapper classes (Integer, Double etc.). Why is it not working?The wsdl file is geerated automatically from the axis2 application. How can I configure wsdl2java to map xs:int to Integer?Thanks for your help  Leonhard
Testen Sie Live.com - das Zentrum Ihrer Online-Welt, das Sie mit aktuellen Nachrichten, Sport- und Wetterinfos und vielem mehr versorgt.
http://www.live.com/getstarted

Re: wsdl2java mapping

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
well I think you are talking about adb. (this is the defult databinding for
axis2)

if you want to set null value to int set Integer.MIN_VALUE to in
eg.
i = Integer.MIN_VALUE would serialize it correctly. on the other hand if you
receive an null int
you corresponding int varaible is set to Integer.MIN_VALUE.

for short, long, byte use the MIN_VALUE
and for float and double use NaN (e.g. Double.NaN)

Amila.

On 7/6/07, Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try wrapping the return value in a wrapper element, e.g:
>
>   <ns:returnWrapper xmlns:ns="urn:foo:bar">
>        <ns:return nil="true"/>
>   </ns:returnWrapper>
>
> Anne
>
> On 7/5/07, Leonhard Holzer <le...@hotmail.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I am using an axis2 web service with complex return types.
> > The return type of one operation is of the type xs:int nillable=true.
> >
> > When I run the wsdl2java tool I get an mapping to java int type which is
> not
> > working well with null values. I read that basic types with
> nillable=true
> > should be mapped to the wrapper classes (Integer, Double etc.). Why is
> it
> > not working?
> >
> > The wsdl file is geerated automatically from the axis2 application. How
> can
> > I configure wsdl2java to map xs:int to Integer?
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >   Leonhard

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.