Posted to user@ode.apache.org by ad...@gmail.com on 2009/06/03 02:03:54 UTC

Workflow

Hi everyone,

I'm new with BPEL and I don't know if I understand correctly the concept,
but I'm trying to create a workflow in which one my BPEL process calls an
external webservice, then waits for another call, this call will be made by
another web service and when that happend, my business process will
continue with the workflow. My problem is that I dont know how to identify
my bpel process and how the external web services will identify it.

Thanks for you help

Re: Workflow

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
I think you need to get some understanding about web services orchestration
first. I found  articles at [1][2] from oracle, please try to read them
first and understand the concepts. If you need to understand BPEL language
quickly please read WS-BPEL Primer at [3]. Also you can find some nice
tutorials on using Netbeans BPEL designer at [4]. Please read some articles
first and identify how you can apply concepts in WS-BPEL to implement your
scenario. Then you can ask questions from this list about specific problems
you face while implementing your scenario. Also if you are going to use
Apache ODE as your BPEL engine please go through ODE user guide and try some
samples first.

Thanks,
Milinda

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/matjaz_bpel1.html