Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Roland Oertig <ro...@dplanet.ch> on 2005/12/19 17:36:05 UTC

use of Maven with Servicemix

Hi

I'm a newbie in the Servicemix project and need someone to give me a
shoulder.

Unfortunately I didn't find any info in the FAQ and mailing list.

I got Servicemix via svn-source as project in my eclipse.

Unfortunately I cannot use Maven inside eclipse because I get following
error:

Error reading configuration: C:\maven-2.0\bin\forehead.conf (Das System kann
die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\maven-2.0\bin\forehead.conf (Das System
kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

      at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

      at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:579)

Using Maven on the command line would be successful if I would have a few
.jar(s) at the right place, where it says they need to be.

Can one of you please help me and tell me where I need to place the jar(s)
or what I'm doing wrong.

The config says to the basedir/lib, but I do not see where the basedir gets
defined.

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Jars set explicity by path (intended for those not at ibiblio).

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------

maven.jar.mail = ${basedir}/lib/j2ee/mail.jar

maven.jar.activation = ${basedir}/lib/j2ee/activation.jar

maven.jar.jaxrpc = ${basedir}/lib/j2ee/jaxrpc.jar

E:\eclipse_3.1\workspace\servicemix\trunk>mvn -version

Maven version: 2.0.1

End of the mvn install call:

[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache
(http://cvs.apache.org/repository)

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/transaction/jta/1.0.1B/jta-1.0.1B.jar

[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]

---

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

---

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

required artifacts missing:

  javax.resource:connector:jar:1.0

  javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2

  javax.mail:mail:jar:1.3.2

  javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B

for the artifact:

  servicemix:servicemix-core:jar:2.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:

  codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org),

  apache (http://cvs.apache.org/repository)

[INFO]

---

[INFO]

---

[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 38 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Mon Dec 19 15:38:23 CET 2005

[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/10M

[INFO]

---

E:\eclipse_3.1\workspace\servicemix\trunk>

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Roland

RE: use of Maven with Servicemix

Posted by Roland Oertig <ro...@dplanet.ch>.
As said, I've just today, a few hrs. ago, checked-out the project in svn and
ran an update before trying to compile it. So it is the actual release which
I'm trying to compile.

The info I found in the ServiceMix.xml file:
<project>
  <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
  <name>ServiceMix</name>
  <id>servicemix</id>
  <groupId>servicemix</groupId>
  <currentVersion>2.1-SNAPSHOT</currentVersion>

.. but it is the current trunk on which I run a mvn install.

Following your info, shouln't one of the committers should modifiy the
project definitions in the various *.xml files to make sure that only what
is requiered gets collected by m2?

An doubt come up to me now, can one of the users which has a checked-out
source compile it with m2?

Thanks for help, I do really appreciate.
Cheers
Roland

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Roland Oertig wrote:

>Hello James
>
>Thanks for the info and tips.
>
>Yes, Maven do succesfuly collect all the jar(s) except following:
>
>required artifacts missing:
>
>javax.resource:connector:jar:1.0
>
>javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2
>
>javax.mail:mail:jar:1.3.2
>
>javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B
>

>Whish I should take from:
>
>#   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
># Jars set explicity by path (intended for those not at ibiblio).
>
>#  ---------------------------------------------------------------------- --
>
>maven.jar.mail = ${basedir}/lib/j2ee/mail.jar
>
>maven.jar.activation = ${basedir}/lib/j2ee/activation.jar
>
>maven.jar.jaxrpc = ${basedir}/lib/j2ee/jaxrpc.jar
>

>I'm sure if I place the one missing to the right place, Maven 2.0 will work.
>Because except some additional feature regarding e.g. multi-projects, m2 has
>bug fixes and a big improvement in speed.
>

>It would be nice if you could help me by telling me where the "basedir" has
>been defined.
>
>I have already the mail.jar and the activation.jar from my J2EE server \lib.
>But I'm still searching the jaxrpc.jar. Do you know where I can download it?
>

>Again thanks, I do appreciate your help.
>
>Cheers
>
>Roland

James

-------

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>   javax.activation:activation:jar:1.0.2
>
>   javax.mail:mail:jar:1.3.2
>
>   javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B
>

> for the artifact:
>
>   servicemix:servicemix-core:jar:2.1-SNAPSHOT
>

> from the specified remote repositories:
>
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>
>   codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org),
>
>   apache (http://cvs.apache.org/repository)
>

> [INFO]
> ---
>
> ---

> [INFO]
> ---
>
> ---
>
> [INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 38 seconds
>
> [INFO] Finished at: Mon Dec 19 15:38:23 CET 2005
>
> [INFO] Final Memory: 5M/10M
>
> [INFO]
> ---
>
> ---
>

> E:\eclipse_3.1\workspace\servicemix\trunk>

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/