Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tilden Doran D <ti...@ericsson.com> on 2014/01/13 08:07:54 UTC

[users@httpd] apache Load Balancer , Cookies not set

Hi All,

I have some problem in setting up the Apache Httpd Server 2.4.7 and mod_proxy_balancer, request your valuable inputs on this.

Requirement :

1.       I have 2  tomcat-application instance running in a server

2.       I need to Load Balance it between them

I have installed the Apache Server 2.4.7 and required apr, apr-util and pcre are also available.

I have also configured the mod_proxy_balancer configuration, as mentioned below for only one (1) Tomcat-instance. It works as expected, I can able to login to the application with  my username and password.
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyRequests Off
<proxy balancer://ecmscluster>
BalancerMember http://10.61.136.141:8011/admx_ecms/ route=T8011 retry=600
ProxySet stickysession=JSESSIONID
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/
ProxyPassReverse /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/
<Location /balancer-manager>
SetHandler balancer-manager
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
</Location>

But When I have multipleTomcat instance, I am not able to login to the application with my username and password, it looks like some cookie is missing for the application,

BalancerMember http://10.61.136.141:8012/admx_ecms/ route=T8012 retry=600
ProxySet stickysession=JSESSIONID
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/
ProxyPassReverse /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/
<Location /balancer-manager>
SetHandler balancer-manager
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from all
</Location>

Can you please help in debugging the issue.!

Thanks
Tilden

Re: [users@httpd] apache Load Balancer , Cookies not set

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
> ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain /admx_ecms/ balancer://ecmscluster/

Doesn't look like a domain.

> But When I have multipleTomcat instance, I am not able to login to the
> application with my username and password, it looks like some cookie is
> missing for the application,

What cookie is set by the application? How would it have to be
modified to get the client to send it back to your webserver?