Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Aldo Brucale <br...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/06 17:20:34 UTC

Re: GTK UI and JDK 11

I've found this answer on stackoverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/a/26882303/57441> suggesting to set
-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=gasp. This setting seems to completely
disable font anti-aliasing for all the UI elements, but to me it looks
better than the other options. The anti-aliasing of the editor and output
window fonts still doesn't look as good as it used to, but it's definitely
usable.

Re: GTK UI and JDK 11

Posted by Aldo Brucale <br...@gmail.com>.
I have tried to change the font hinting policy from "Slight" to "Full" on
Ubuntu 18.04 (installing a "gnome-tweak" package) but it doesn't seem to
affect the Netbeans fonts at all (or any other ui fonts, for that
matter)...
With the "gasp" setting I'm still getting anti-aliased fonts in the nb
editor and output windows, but not in the other swing components (menus,
labels, tree views, buttons, etc.)

Re: GTK UI and JDK 11

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.