Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@apache.org> on 2016/05/31 20:39:47 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 2.0.1 Released

The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache Hive
version 2.0.1.

The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top of
Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:

* Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)

* A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats

* Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)

* Query execution via Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Tez frameworks.

For Hive release details and downloads, please visit:
https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html

Hive 2.0.1 Release Notes are available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334886&sty
leName=Text&projectId=12310843

We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
possible.

Regards,

The Apache Hive Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 2.0.1 Released

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.
Oh. I just copy-pasted the Wiki text, perhaps it should be updated.

From: Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 14:01
To: user <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Cc: "dev@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <de...@hive.apache.org>>, "announce@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>" <an...@apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 2.0.1 Released

Thanks Sergey,

Congratulations.

May I add that Hive 0.14 and above can also deploy Spark as its executions engine and with Spark on Hive on Spark execution engine you have a winning combination.

BTW we are just discussing the merits of TEZ + LLAP versus Spark as the execution engine for Spark. With Hive on Spark vs Hive on MapReduce the performance gains are order of magnitude.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn  https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com<http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/>

Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 2.0.1 Released

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sergey,

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sergey,