Posted to users@maven.apache.org by CodingPlayer <ro...@researchstudio.at> on 2007/03/12 12:01:44 UTC

[M2] extending profiles from parent pom -> BUG in maven-help-plugin??

Hi all,

i just split my parent pom into two distinct poms.

One containing only generic informations, like used plugins, repositories
(maven, codehaus), ...), while the second one contains company specific
settings (issues, developers, organization, ...)

Some of the elements are needed in both poms, like properties, repositories,
pluginRepo. and profiles.

Everything works fine except, except there seems to be a BUG with the
maven-help-plugin.

when executing:
   mvn help:effective-pom

the inherited profiles are NEVER shown. Only the leaf-profiles are
displayed. But all profiles are currently existing, and can be activated.

Maybe this is no bug, and the inherited profiles are left out (when
displaying) for a reason, if someone knows more pls let me know.

thx
R.C.