Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/02 01:04:23 UTC

Bug in secretary workbench: additional ICLA?

When filing the additional ICLA for Doug Service (currently pending), the preview says it will move the current ICLA to <name>/icla.pdf and then file the additional ICLA under the name iclaN.pdf. This should be icla2.pdf.

So either the preview is wrong or the new file name is wrong, but I cannot tell if it is ok to file it, knowing that one of the two names is wrong.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig L Russell
Assistant Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: Bug in secretary workbench: additional ICLA?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 10:23 AM Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 8:04 PM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > When filing the additional ICLA for Doug Service (currently pending), the preview says it will move the current ICLA to <name>/icla.pdf and then file the additional ICLA under the name iclaN.pdf. This should be icla2.pdf.
> >
> > So either the preview is wrong or the new file name is wrong, but I cannot tell if it is ok to file it, knowing that one of the two names is wrong.
>
> "2" previously was a best guess, as in, "if you were to file right
> now, 2 would be the next number based on slightly stale information,
> but the actual number might be different".
>
> The slightly stale information was the last time the server did a
> successful checkout of the iclas directory from svn, which likely was
> within the past 10 minutes.
>
> Now it no longer guesses, and shows an "N" which will also will be
> replaced at the time you run.  The primary reason: the server no
> longer does a full checkout of the iclas directory, instead it caches
> a shallow svn list - something that takes considerably less disk space
> and for some operations actually is faster.
>
> Here is where the change was made:
>
> https://github.com/apache/whimsy/commit/aea0846bcb61295df1e11f5e25abc3b80f39996e

I've pushed a fix that will once again attempt to guess at what the
count will be:

https://github.com/apache/whimsy/commit/c89917a4d184a238e7dee0e0a73149ca9e1741e4

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Craig
> >
> > Craig L Russell
> > Assistant Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
> > clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo
>
> - Sam Ruby

- Sam Ruby

Re: Bug in secretary workbench: additional ICLA?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.