Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tim Sawyer <li...@calidris.co.uk> on 2005/06/27 14:20:12 UTC

Component Method Call Order

Hi,

I have a component, which generates some html, to display a flash movie.  The component's html file is basically:

The component has one parameter, encodedUrl, defined as

<parameter name="encodedUrl" direction="in" required="yes" type="java.lang.String"/>

I would have expected that when this component renders, the value passed to the parameter would be passed to setEncodedUrl(), and then the getHtml() method would be called to render the actual html.

This does not seem to be the case.  I'm getting an error from my getHtml() method, because setEncodedUrl() has not yet been called.  Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Tim.

Re: Component Method Call Order

Posted by Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com>.
The call order is setEncodedUrl() and then getHtml().
It must be an error on your template or specification. Please, send them to
the list.